Showcast and 16th Street Actors Studio are proud to offer Showcast members an opportunity to work with legendary British theatre director, Mike Alfreds; described by Mark Rylance as a theatrical genius.
In this 12-day Genre/Scene Study Masterclass actors will delve into Mikes in-depth and meticulously detailed process of preparation, rehearsal and performance, outlined in his book Different Every Night, regarded as the most complete rehearsal methodology in print since Konstantin Stanislavski.
Actors will be cast in scenes from a wide range of texts including Chekhov, Lorca, Gogol and Coward.
Dates: March 31st – April 12th
Location: 16th Street Actors Studio, Melbounre
One place will be offered for an actor to participate in this 12-day Masterclass.
- Kim Krejus (Artistic Director, 16th Street Actors Studio)
- Danelle D’Costa (Managing Director, Showcast)
- Iain SInclair (Award Winning Theatre DIrector)
- be a current Showcast member
- be available to be in Melbourne from March 31st – April 12th
- supply their CV, headshot, showreel and a supporting letter.
- have professional acting credits (this means credited roles in feature films, television series’ or roles in the main stage theatre (such as STC, Company B, The Malthouse, MTC, QTC etc)
As this is a professional development program, a decision on the place will be determined according to the strength of application (your credits, showreel/video, previous training and your letter of intent).
Scholarship Applications Close – 5pm Monday March 6th 2017
All information on the Masterclass is available at www.16thstreet.com.au